In the last year or so, the term “experiential travel” has popped up in the industry. The idea behind this craze right now is to get people to not get travelers but to actually live it like you are a real traveler. Wikipedia describes this as, “The goal is to more deeply understand a travel destination’s culture, people, and history by connecting with it, more than just by visiting it.” This implies that as a traveler you’re not actually experiencing it, you just a tourist. This is just foolishness!
The Latest Craze
Many of these types of packages want you to fly to your destination, participate in a couple events and fly out. That is supposed to give you the full experience of that culture. Yes, you do get to experience something, but it’s not the same as taking a vacation there for a week or more.
I get it, people today want to have a deeper experience when they visit another country. That is actually great! Don’t settle for cheap thrills though. These types of companies are just selling you flashy marketing, empty promises and high pricing to this “experience.” It is just another way to get consumers to spend more money on flashy trips abroad.
Here is what experiential travel really is. (TRAVEL) That’s it! When you sit down with a travel agent like myself, I help you choose the right destination, mode of transportation, itinerary, hotel, things to do and much more. If you want to experience a place, just travel there. Eat their food, shop in local markets, talk to the people, visit places. This is experiential travel. Don’t let flashy overpriced travel companies con you out of your hard-earned money.
How a travel agent helps you!
Travel agents are still one of the most misunderstood professions out there today. With the internet giving way to book it yourself online tools, people often don’t’ understand how a travel agent really can help you.
- Travel agents are all inclusive. They help you find vacation packages, hotels, cruise lines, car rentals and book those tours at your destination.
- Travel agents know when is the best and most cost effective time to travel to destinations all over the world.
- Travel agents are free! Yes, free. It doesn’t cost anything to sit down with a travel agent and plan out the perfect vacation with every detail covered.
- Travel agents have years of experience in the industry and save you tremendous amounts of time in building your perfect vacation.
- Travel agents are an advocate for you when you have an accident or mishap when traveling abroad. They know who to contact and how to best help you when you are stuck abroad.
- Travel agents are not pushy sales people. A good travel agent know’s it is not about getting the sale. We love creating happy clients and saving out customers money on vacations.
- Travel agents can match online pricing and often beat it! Today many customers don’t realize that the price online is often not the best price they can get for that airfare or cruise line. That is where a travel agent can help. Travel agents have rates that you don’t have access to. They are privy to special flight pricing, exclusive hotel and cruise rates, etc..
If you are looking for a vacation that is packed with fun and exciting things to do, give us a call. We have decades of experience in building the perfect vacation for you customers. That is why out tagline is ” We focus on the details So you can focus on the fun!”